When you learn all the patchouli oil uses and benefits, you will want to try this essential oil for yourself.
The patchouli plant is the same family as lavender, can grow up to three feet in height, and blooms with small pink flowers.
It also happens to be one of the most useful plants for healing the human body.
The easiest way to obtain those healing benefits is to purchase an essential oil derived from the plant. Here are some of the potential benefits of patchouli oil:
· Elevate your mood – commonly used to relieve depression
· Fight inflammation
· Help break fevers
· Prevent infection in wounds
· Enhance sexual arousal
· Promote healthy gums
· Help with blood circulation
· Soothe skin disorders like psoriasis and eczema
You won’t find solid scientific evidence for patchouli essential oil uses that can benefit your body in all of these ways.
Many of these claims come from generations of people who have used this oil successfully for a variety of applications.
Let’s take a look at some of the most common uses for
· Perfume – Patchouli oil has a sweet and slightly musky aroma that is often used in perfume recipes.
You can use it to make your own perfume or add it to a carrier oil and rub it directly on your skin for the aromatic appeal.
· Skincare Products – One of the most powerful benefits of patchouli oil is protection for the skin.
It can help keep your complexion clear and smooth while fighting signs of aging and decreasing the risk of inflammation and infection in acne.
Some people have also had great results when using it to fight psoriasis and eczema, and it can help with dry skin.
· Relaxation – Blend patchouli oil with peppermint oil and place small dots on your wrists and behind your neck when you need to relax.
Only use a small amount unless you mix it with coconut oil or another carrier oil. This is one of the most potent essential oils for impacting your mood.
· Dental Benefits – blend this oil with peppermint oil, spearmint oil and a carrier oil to create a homemade mouthwash. You will benefit from fresh, minty breath and healthier gums.
· Emotional Stability – Patchouli essential oil is commonly used as a natural treatment for depression, and it may help lift the spirits of people who are grieving or suffering difficult times.
A drop placed on the bottom of each foot or on the wrists is often enough to soothe negative emotions.
Rather than making you feel happy, this oil is known to soothe and ground emotions for greater balance.
If you want to use patchouli essential oil to balance your emotions or lift your mood, diffusion is the best approach.
You can use an essential oil diffuser to distribute the oil throughout the room, or use a wearable device to keep the oil with you throughout the day.
Simply rubbing a drop on your wrists may work as well, but you may need to blend it with a carrier oil if your skin is sensitive to oils.
Patchouli oil is safe for topical application on the skin, but you should mix it with a carrier oil first.
Many people add drops of the oil to their favorite skincare products while others create their own skincare products from scratch.
Patchouli oil is powerful, but it becomes even more beneficial when combined with other essential oils and natural ingredients with similar benefits.