Lowering cholesterol naturally is easier than you might think. Here are the top ten tips to help you avoid using traditional medications and choosing more natural methods of reducing cholesterol.
1. The first tip is to eat right. Eating a well balanced diet will help the body to fight off bad things like high cholesterol. You are what you eat is a true saying. If you eat junk, you will be junk with your health. Eat right and reap the benefits of a healthy diet.
2. Eat raw vegetables and fruits. Raw fruit and vegetables contain optimum levels of vitamins and minerals and this type of food will help to build a strong healthy immune system.
3. Get Exercising. The body needs physical activity along with a balanced diet in order to be completely healthy. Spending a few minutes a day exercising will help. Ideally, a good workout routine is physical activity for at least 30 minutes at least every other day. Remember to add a warm up stretch and cool down to help the body prepare for the exercise and keep from being too sore.
4. Take supplements of vitamins and minerals, tailored to your gender and age. Often our diets do not provide sufficient nutrients and taking supplements will help the body to gain what it needs in order to be healthy.
6. Stop smoking. Studies show that smoking increases cholesterol levels in the body, which causes heart attacks and strokes. Break the bad habit and allow the body time to heal from the damage. Make sure to take antioxidants and eat foods naturally high in antioxidants to help fight the damage the smoking caused.
7. Stop or reduce alcohol intake. Drinking alcohol has some of the same effects as smoking, causing undue stress on the body. If you drink, do so in light moderation.
8. Drink plenty of water. Water is the best internal cleanser, it cleans the digestive system, and it also helps to clean the blood.
9. Remain calm. Reduce the stress and stop free radicals from taking hold. One of the best ways to assist in lowering cholesterol naturally is to get plenty of rest each day.
10. Keep having physicals each year to check blood levels and other things like blood pressure. Take preventatives now to help keep cholesterol levels at normal. Make the necessary changes in lifestyle to keep healthy.