Best Essential Oils for Aging Skin - Top 5 Choices for Amazing Skin
If you want the best essential oils for aging skin, try these five essential oils for skin that ages beautifully.
You can’t stop time from passing, but you can give your skin the nourishment and hydration needed to glow despite your age. Whether you’re weary of anti-aging products that are loaded with chemicals and unproven ingredients or you want to add something more natural to your beauty regime, there are some essential oils that can help you fight wrinkles, fine lines, sun spots and even sagging skin. If you’re ambitious, you can even learn how to combine some of these oils to create homemade beauty products free of filler ingredients and preservatives.
Our Favorite Essential Oils for Aging Skin:
- Helichrysum Essential Oil – This isn’t one of the most well-known essential oils, but it’s one of the most powerful if your goal is to fight the signs of aging. The oil is absorbed deep into the cells and fights the breakdown that causes your skin to appear thinner and duller with time. The oil combats oxidative stress through its antioxidant and antimicrobial qualities. It’s believed that this oil can actually help repair damaged cells while preventing the breakdown of cells in the future.
- Frankincense Oil – This is one of those essential oils that come with an amazing list of potential uses. It is often used to help keep the skin firm and prevent sagging, but it’s also useful when fighting fine lines, wrinkles and other common signs of aging. Many also believe that it can make scarring and stretch marks less noticeable when applied directly to the skin. It’s also good for your gums and may help with digestion, among many other benefits.
- Jojoba Oil – The most common use of jojoba oil is for moisturization, but many also believe that it can help prevent acne. It’s actually a wax derived from seeds of the jojoba plant, and it absorbs into the skin much faster than most oils. It can help reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles by keeping your skin moist and well nourished. The wax is loaded with vitamin E and other vitamins and minerals needed to help your skin glow with health which makes it one of the excellent essential oils for aging skin.
- Lavender Oil – Use lavender oil to improve circulation to your skin, resulting in a healthy glow radiating from your pores. This oil is often included in skincare products for its soothing scent, but it can also provide some moisturization and nourishment.
- Rose Geranium Oil – If you suffer from psoriasis, acne, eczema or another skin condition that involves inflammation, dryness or irritation, this is one of the best essential oils to soothe and heal the skin. Rose geranium oil is a powerful antioxidant with antibacterial and antifungal qualities. It can take the flame out of inflammation while working to restore your skin on a cellular level.
If you already have some of these essential oils for aging skin on hand, give them a try on your skin. Just keep in mind that you should use the oil consistently for at least a month or two before you judge the effectiveness. You’re nourishing and hydrating your skin over time, so trust that good things are happening inside those pores. Just like eating nutritious food, you won’t see the impact on the outside of your body right away.
Return to the Oil Health Supplements Home Page