Top 10 Benefits of Cod Liver Oil Pills and Supplements
Most people do not know all the benefits of cod liver oil or how easy it is to include in a healthy diet.
Cod liver oil is a natural oil that is extracted from the liver of cod fish. Many people now consider it superior to fish oil supplements due to its high content of vitamin D, vitamin A, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Amazing Benefits of Cod Liver Oil
It’s commonly used to treat rickets in children and may help prevent or even heal tooth decay, but there are 10 more reasons that you consider adding this oil to your daily routine:
- Protecting Eyesight. Routine supplementation of a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids can protect your eyesight over time.
- Boost Immunity. As cold and flu season approaches, you should start thinking about adding a daily dose of cod liver oil to your daily diet. This is even great for children who are vulnerable to the viruses spreading at school and on the playground.
- Balancing Cholesterol Levels. It’s no secret that omega-3 fatty acids are beneficial to anyone trying to lower their bad cholesterol and get their good cholesterol levels up. You can consider cod liver oil a suitable substitute for fish oil supplements.
- Controlling Blood Pressure. Many blood pressure medications come with unpleasant side effects, and your blood pressure readings may be high enough for concern but not high enough for regular medication. Taking a supplement rich in omega-3 fatty acids can help.
- Fighting Depression. Research has proven that there is a positive link between the prevention of depression and omega-3 fatty acids. Since cod liver oil is a rich source of these essential fats, it is one of the most natural weapons that we have against all forms of depression.
- Keeping Bones Strong. Cod liver oil is a rich source of vitamin D, which is necessary for strong, healthy bones. A deficiency in this vitamin can lead to weak bones and medical conditions like rickets.
- Relieving Osteoarthritis Pain. The vitamin D and omega-3s found in cod liver oil allow it to fight the inflammation that contributes to the pain of arthritis. You may also consider this supplement as a source of relief from other forms of joint pain.
- Easing Asthma and Allergies. Some research has shown a correlation between the intake of cod liver oil and the risk for asthma and allergies in childhood as well as adulthood. The best results may be seen from routine use starting in childhood.
- Soothing Skin Disorders. The vitamins found in this oil can help soothe and heal a variety of disorders impacting the skin. Long-term consumption may be needed for lasting results.
- Preventing and Controlling Diabetes. The omega-3 fatty acids in cod liver oil help fight inflammation through the body, and that may lead to the prevention and control of type II diabetes. Many doctors now recommend fish oil supplements to diabetic patients, but cod liver oil may offer just as many, if not more, health benefits.
If you’re ready to give cod liver a try but aren’t sure about consuming it as a liquid, there are some chewable supplements and pills available.
If you take medication that thins your blood or are at risk for medical complications if your blood gets too thin, discuss this supplement with your doctor before giving it a try.
ARticles Related to the Benefits of Cod Liver Oil:
Return to the Oil Health Supplements Home Page